Because the ARG requires almost no maintenance, there is no need to make convenience a priority. Following are recommendations for the location installation of your ARG:
When installing ARG units in an aluminum boat, measures should be taken to protect against galvanic corrosion. Please refer to the INSTALLATION MANUAL or contact us for more details.
- When choosing the location for installing the Anti Rolling Gyro Stabilizer (ARG) unit, take into consideration the ship’s center of gravity and balance.
- Ventilate the location if the mounting location is in a closed space.
- Locate the ARG in a soundproof machinery space like an engine room.
- Make sure the place chosen is strong enough to accept the torque generated by the ARG. The Torque generated by the ARG transfers to the part of hull it is bolted to. For this reason, select a part of the hull with adequate rigidity and strength that can accept the generated NM’s of force.
- ARG does not have to be located on the centerline of the boat. Its effectiveness is independent of its location relative to the boat's centerline.